Monday, April 3, 2017

The Thaw Reveals

Dominique Amendola

Dear Mrs. Rothwood,

     April has arrived!  Winter is officially over!  Spring!  My favorite season!  

     I love spring, even early spring when nothing is pretty yet.  The snows have melted away and uncovered a brown, muddy, ugly world.  My poor yard is littered in broken toys long forgotten once the first snows fell.  There are bits of trash the blew out of vehicles and neighborhood trash cans on those windy winter day.  Sticks, leaves, pine cones and needles, fowl feces, and gardens still asleep under autumn's ruin. There is just so much to do!


     Inside is just as bad.  This long bout of illness has left me two months behind in spring cleaning.  Not to mention that it also put my family two months ahead in building up messes!  I am still suffering the affects of all those back-to-back ailments, but the warmer temperatures and peeks of sunshine bolster me.  

     My due-date for spring clean up, inside and out, is Memorial Day.  That is when we host a big family picnic and I want my property in tip-top shape.

     What has the thaw revealed in your yard? 

Sincerely yours,

Mrs. D. Scott



No comments:

Post a Comment