Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Medicinal Herbs

                                         

Dear Mrs. Rothwood,

     May this letter find you well in body.  As for me, some sort of germ has come upon me.  I am not sure what sort it is, but my neck, throat, and ears are sore from swollen glands.  The germ is receiving a blitzkrieg of natural remedies.

     Since my throat feels tight and swallowing is a challenge, it is soup for lunch.  I have a delicious chicken bone broth in which I added the following:

1. Red Cabbage:  anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial

2.Celery:  good for weak conditions, and boy, do I feel weaker than normal

3. Garlic: antibiotic, expectorant


4.  Turmeric: anti-inflammatory, immune booster

I also have spinach, carrots, bay, zucchini, mineral salt, pepper, and onion powder.

I think I will also toss in some Thyme, which is an antiseptic, expectorant, antimicrobial, and antibiotic.


The bone broth gelled up nicely, too, so it has the healing properties of gelatin.

    Teas have been my main source of fluid.  Green tea, oolong tea, black tea, herbal tea (agrimony and chamomile).  I have been taking grapefruit seed extract, vitamin C, bromelain (heals mucus membranes), echinacea (immune booster), goldenseal (reduces phlegm and heals mucus membranes) and also making compresses of essential oil blends with vitamin E oil for lymphatic draining.

     On top of all that, I am taking baths in either epsom salts or apple cider vinegar.  Mineral salt water gargles and listerine gargles are part of my routine.

     I admit, it is all very tiresome, but at the same time, it has been a long, hard winter of illnesses in our home.  I thankfully didn't catch all of them, but eventually a body wears down, especially after a winter in.  A good sunny, warm day with the ability to soak my body in the sun will do a lot to boost my immunity again.


Sincerely,

Mrs. D. Scott





No comments:

Post a Comment